10 Most-Appetising Thai Foods for a Yogi
Thailand is well-known for its tourism culture that thrives on its hospitality sector. But, even if you are here to give your health a big boost as a yogi, you might find it hard to resist the flavors of the Thai food culture. Particularly for vegans and vegetarians, there are a great many healthy options, which will also add up as a supplemental energy intake for your extra yoga workout sessions.
List of Tasty Foods in Thailand
- Pak Boong: Popular across Thailand as the Morning Glory, this is among the most loved dishes. Pak Boong is actually a salad that consists of extremely healthy ingredients like soybean paste, soy sauce, garlic, and chilies etc.
- Pad Phak: Considered as a special Thai menu, a plate full of this stir-fried vegetable will make your lunch/dinner memorable. Pad Phak is prepared in sugar, salt, and mild spices in order to satisfy your taste buds.
- Mushroom Fried Rice: In this recipe, mushroom and fried rice are mixed in the right proportion to create something innovative. Besides, nutritious items like peas and yellow pepper are also added to add more flavor to this dish.
- Thai Green Mango Salad: If you are looking for a salad item that is very low in fat and calories then the Green Mango Salad is for you. Enjoy this purely vegan offering with your yogi friends for a totally healthy culinary feast!
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup: Your Thai cuisine list is incomplete without this soup that is prepared with pumpkin and coconut milk. Enjoy this along with your main course to bring more variation to your dinner table.
- Pineapple Fried Rice: Also a popular vegan food item in Thailand, this will definitely give your taste buds a different flavor. Typically, Pineapple Fried Rice is a recipe which is prepared from jasmine rice and small pieces of pineapple, peas, cashews, and many more items are added to it. After it is ready, a curry-flavored sauce is mixed with this food item to make it tasty.
- Thai Corn Fritters: Prepared with corn, tofu, and vegetables, this recipe can be a perfect treat for a yoga enthusiast. Free from gluten, the Thai Corn Fritters can also be enjoyed when you are on an outing on the streets of Thailand.
- Tom Yum Soup: Despite being slightly spicy, this soup is made delicious for the vegetarians particularly. You can also take Tom Yum Soup as an appetizer if you have organized a dinner party with fellow yogis.
- Som Tum: This Papaya salad is purely vegan and also contains garlic, tamarind juice, sugar, and lime. In fact, over the green papaya, tomatoes, and peanuts are beautifully shredded to give it a distinct appeal.
- Thai Green Curry: Preferred by many Thai-style yogic food lovers for its authentic appeal, this curry contains tofu, fresh vegetables, and many more items. You can enjoy this curry in the company of your friends for a slow and laid back conversation session.
While preparing your own street food list in Thailand, you must try to bring variety in it. Interact with the locals. They will guide you precisely on what to eat and what to leave.